Experimental blob technique
This is a technique my mum read about in a magazine. We thought it looked really cool so we decided to try it out. Basically, we just needed a clean, scratch free transparent surface to drip water on, the idea being that you would then photograph your subject though this surface so it became distorted though the water drops.
So we tried that using the glass from a photo frame however, as you can see, the result was less than successful! However, never one's to give up, we tried again, this time with drops of glycerine on the glass....
.... and this is how it looks, much closer to the images from the magazine. I continued to experiment with different coloured flowers and some different objects under the glass and, after much cropping, this is how they turned out.
This didn't really work as well as I'd hoped it would. Although it's out of focus, there's too much going on in the background with too many similar colours and so the blobs don't stand out as much as they do in the flower images.
Not sure that this works too well either. This time, however, I don't think there's enough in the background. I mean lets face it; it's quite boring (also, looking at it now I can see that it's a little soft which probably doesn't help).